QA Test Automation Lead
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer III position will be to provide technical leadership to the test automation team and be responsible for designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test automation teams. The position is also responsible for creation, execution, and maintenance of test automation scripts, and creation of reporting metrics associated with the automation tests. This position mainly requires Java development experience and ability to maintain and improve Java-based automation frameworks.
- Must have at least three years of previous experience with Core Java or Angular/React development
Develop Automation Testing Framework & Automated Test Cases
- Write and execute ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development), Selenium, and Java
Design, development and implementation of automated test suites
- Perform automated build acceptance and regression test suites
- Work closely with QA, subject matter experts and Development to understand the product architecture
- Establish automation best practices, framework model, execution metrics
- Deliver solutions in accordance with enterprise standards and within development and operational guardrails
- Execute manual functional tests when needed as well as take on other tasks that help the team
- Lead in Installation, integration and configuration of Jenkins CI/CD, including installation of Jenkins plugins.
- Mentor and direct other testers in automation principles
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, dynamic data collection methodologies, coding standards, components and object repository methods, etc.)
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging, as well as recommending changes to improve the established processes.
- Working closely with team to review the Git PR and review the changes adhere to the coding standards
- Experienced in Design and implementation of automation framework for Web and mobile automation
- Maintained Selenium and Java Automation Code and resources in source code controls like Git for improvements and new features.
- Experience with any one of these tools – Cypress/ puppeteer/ webdriverIO is required
- Experienced in testing WEB Services through REST-assured, and Postman
- Expertise in writing and executing API and Webservice Tests
- Docker experience is must
Automation experience in cloud or AWS environment
- Testing experience in React/Angular/ Polymer/Vue js environment
- Good knowledge and testing experience on Mobile testing tool like Appium
- Proficient in writing Selenium Web Driver automation scripts in JAVA using Maven, Cucumber
- Highly organised, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team and with internal business and technology partners
- Previous experience in Mortgage Banking and/or associated lines of business is highly preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is a plus
Strong written/oral communication skills
Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify errors, fix defects and make adjustments in a testing environment.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
- 8 years of hands-on experience in the development and maintenance of Selenium automated testing framework
- 5+ years of experience working with Functional, API, System, Regression, UAT and Database testing.
- 6+ years of experience working with cross-browser testing, compatibility testing and mobile device testing experience on Web applications.