DevOps / Agile Development Methodology, Sprint Implementation and Time-Zone Crossover
The Perfect Combination
DevOps / Agile development methodology, Sprint implementation and time-zone crossover that is benefitted by global working in the new world post covid.
The pandemic has given rise to a new world, and demand for advancements in technologies to facilitate business efficiency, control and growth has been significant. The technology industry is moving at it’s fasted pace in history to meet that demand. To be successful in today’s world businesses need to keep up with the change in customer needs and habits. To deliver the highest quality technology solutions, clients need a very strong development strategy and process to deliver the necessary change. In the technology sector what is the best software development strategy? The answer is a DevOps / Agile development methodology. Sprint Implementing together with a DevOps / Agile development methodology provides us with the perfect combination required for an efficient and successful development process to deliver maximum benefit to clients striving to meet their customer demands.
What is Agile development methodology?
There was a time when the Waterfall methodology was considered the gold standard of developing software. This methodology had several limitations and drawbacks as such it required a lot of documentation before any coding practically started.
The Agile methodology replaced the waterfall methodology soon after it was formally launched in 2001and the development of the DevOps culture in 2007 combines agile practices of software development (Dev) and IT operations (Ops). With the aim to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality. DevOps is complementary with Agile software development; several DevOps aspects came from the Agile. There are twelve principles in agile project management which include:
- The highest priority should always be client satisfaction through earliest and continues delivery of beneficial software.
- All changes, early or late in the project should be welcomed. Agile processes are equipped to handle change to give the customers a competitive advantage.
- Delivering working software in a shorter time frame ranging from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. The timescale should be as short as possible.
- Developers, project owners and other related people should be in constant communication through out the project.
- Try encouraging the motivated people. Provide with an environment which helps them flourish and enhances the overall performance.
- The most effective mode of communication is face to face communication. Information transfer should be made very clear and effective.
- The primary measure of success is the working software.
- For sustainable development, the Agile processes are very important. The developers, sponsors, manager, and users should maintain a constant pace through out the development process.
- Technical excellence and a great design in the key t